Click on the Photo for a close-up!

Click on the Photo for a close-up! Sometimes you can click again to get closer yet!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The woodpeckers are back!!

Today for lunch we went home to see Toughy who hates to have his Mommy work all day almost as much as Mommy does. On the way back to work we saw a pair of pileated woodpeckers, but of course my car with my camera is at work and I am riding with John. He claims that he will be bruised from me hitting his arm to make him to stop so we could look at them. I used my pull with the boss to get some extra time off and went back home with my camera after lunch. One was not camera shy at all but the other moved to another tree and yelled at me while I took pictures.

Last spring we had a pair nest in a hole in a dead tree but during the summer the tree fell down and I was worried that they might not find another place to nest, I am really glad to see they just found another rtee close by.
Susie











No comments:

Post a Comment